1. Go live with a strong connection
Ensure that A videographers broadcast is as clear, high resolution and stable as possible.
- If you are shooting on a phone:
- Stream quality varies based on your connection speed. Go live when you have a strong connection (use Wi-Fi instead of your phone’s mobile data whenever possible).
- Use a tripod or steadicam for a more stable stream.
- If you are using video encoding (streaming) software or hardware:
- Use a dedicated wired connection with backups whenever possible. If you must use Wi-Fi, make sure that it’s secured and dedicated for the broadcast, and have contingency plans in place.
- Broadcasting from an event? We recommend setting up a private connection – satellite or fibre backhaul – rather than relying on a venue’s connection.
- Run a speed test in order to determine your upload bitrate.
- Follow our specifications and send us the highest bit rate stream your connection speed and encoder will tolerate reliably (within our maximum specs).
2. Go live with your audience
We prioritise content that sparks conversations and meaningful interactions between videographers on facebook. Video production that inspire friend-to-friend or person-to-person interactions tend to get more distribution. Actively responding to and moderating comments during your live broadcast can play an important role in fostering such conversations and interactions.
Some techniques to drive healthy engagement include:
- Say hello to commenters by name and reply to their comments.
- When possible, bring audience questions or comments into the broadcast itself by answering questions on air.
- Pin great comments to the top of the chat.
- Going live from an event? Encourage event participants to engage with the audience via the live comments.
3. Broadcast for longer periods of time to reach more people
Facebook prioritises longer videos (3 min +) that inspire videographers to continue watching. For live broadcasts, the longer you are live, the more likely people are to discover and invite their friends on Facebook to watch there video production. You can stay live for up to eight hours when broadcasting over the live API with an encoder!
4. Tell people ahead of time youre going to go live
Build anticipation by letting people know when you’ll be broadcasting live. If you are using streaming software or an encoder to go live, you should consider scheduling your broadcast.
Be creative and go live on facebook often!Try different types of broadcasts – and go live frequently – to keep your audience engaged. Try different phone or camera orientations, broadcast durations and formats to see what works best for you. Use insights available in creator studio to evaluate different approaches and video production is key.
About Our Video Marketing Agency
Modus Film is a video production company based in Kent and London. Our services are nationwide and our video marketing agency can help you make some ground breaking content. If you want to discuss this further contact us or better yet see how video marketing can transform your current marketing mix. We are now fully PPE compliant. Plus we carry on working!
Do You Need to Talk to a Marketing Expert?
As video marketing experts we are specialists in all forms of video marketing. Here at Modus Film, we have completed many projects for our clients that have required us to define a digital strategy with really great results. If you want to speak to a specialist email [email protected] or call us on 01233 273 273.
We are still an active creative marketing agency. Video production company London, Video production agency Kent